Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Apollo's Hand



I stand on the fringes, outside looking in,
Invisible woman searching in vain,
Yearning for a lover to entice
Knowing in this there is a high price.
Sleep walking in the darkest of night,
My soul flies in the pale moonlight,
The journey to desire is perilous,
Unforetold dangers built on icy wishes,
Siren’s love song pierces the veil,
Apollo’s hand ignites a storm force gale,
Kisses like sea spray scattered arouse,
Untold pleasures his eyes espouse,
Persuade me to surrender to his delight,
Beyond passion, intensity builds, sacred rite,
Chrysalis opening, no choice, I ride,
Senses reeling, building, I spin,
Head into the abyss, no return within,
His eyes boring into my core,
He stacked the deck when he entered my shore.
I cannot resist the necessary evil
Of his perfume of enchanted primeval.
Tonight, I travel to his hunger’s lair,
Tonight, this beast my heart will ensnare.

CWylde © 03-24-15





(written in response to poetry prompts #AsymLife # AshVerse #Magick_Words #Soulhoot #Heartsmeal #DSPoetry #ntitle #MadVerse #WrittenRiver
 

No comments:

Post a Comment